Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Across the miles

So here I sit, in my New York apartment, reflecting on the pieces of my Scottish love story that I have shared with you. I feel that I have been accurate and have not made the accidental shift between fact and fiction. I have showed you all a piece of my self and of my soul. I have told you one of my biggest secrets, and now I have another one to tell.
My favorite band, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers (http://www.azpeacemakers.com/) , will be doing their first UK tour in Feb. of this year. I have followed them all over for years and seen them in over 15 different cities and in Mexico. This is big. They will be playing in Edinburgh, Glascow, Bristol, London, Nottingham, and Manchester. When my friends, who I follow them with, and I heard the announcement, we knew we had to go.
I wanted to go see the band of course, but I also had other intentions. I had an oportunity to return to Scotland. Nothing else mattered. I had a chance to find my soulmate again. So, I talked to my friends, and bought my plane tickets.
I am still in contact with some of the people I met while I was there and I am planning to see them. I am leaving New York a few days before my friends and making the journey across the miles alone. I will fly into Edinburgh, take the bus to Dundee, and then meet up with the friends I have over there.
I have to find him. I have to see him again. I don't know where he lives, or works, or his phone number, but my soul won't rest until I find him. For all these years, I have been searching for someone as great as him, and now I have the opportunity to go and get him.
Now, keep in mind that I haven't heard from him in years. He could be married... or gay... or something else, but I have to do this. I have to find him and tell him that I have loved him all these years. If nothing else, I simply have to see him again.
I don't have a plan yet, but at least I have some friends who are friends with him, or at least know him. Dundee is not that big and if I have to go in every pub and place of buisness until I find him, then I guess that is what I have to do. I will get a plan, or maybe I won't, but I am returning to Scotland. Scotland is magical and magical things happen there.
Stay tuned, for tomorrow I will give you more details about my trip, and my plans, and the greatest desires of my heart of hearts.

2 comments: