Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bon Voyage and All That Jazz

Well friends, here it is. The day I have been looking forward to with an anxious heart for weeks now. I leave tomorrow so let's all start praying this snow leaves and goes west. I am almost all packed and even though today is really shaping up to not be my day, everything will get done. I will get my currency exchanged, I will pick up my laundry, and everything is fine, right? The last time I went to Scotland, there was a strike in Amsterdam and we were rerouted to London the next day. Then coming home we missed our flight in Amsterdam and had to treck through Minniapalous where we spent the night and then flew to Memphis. This time I have successfully avoided any contact with Amsterdam, so everything will be fine.
I am nervous. I am excited. I am terrified. My sweet friend there has arranged a dinner for me to catch up with all of my friends that I met while I was there. Scottish guy recieved an invite. I hope he comes. I just know that I need to see him again. If he isn't the one then I'll know as soon as I see him. If I am the one, then I think he will know as soon as he sees me. If he shows up with a girlfriend in tow then we might have some tension, but I think all of those little details can be worked out.
I know that today of all days some of you would like to try and talk me out of trying to ensure that I see him. All I ask of you, my faithful followers, is that you keep those thoughts to yourself and send me only encouragement. I know it is asking alot, but right now with the snow looming over me and the bank not being aware of all of my funds, and my laundry not being done yet, and all of the little details, I really just don't need any negativity. I need support and encouragement. I know this is crazy because this is real life and not the silver screen, but there are tons of people in the world who claim that they married their soulmate or they definitely married prince charming. Who is to say that I can't be one of them?
I have written him a letter and in case I don't get to see him I will ask my sweet friend to make sure he gets it when I leave. I just have some things that I need to say to him and if I can't do them in person then I will make sure they get said somehow.
I must leave you now and finish up all of the little details. Wish me luck and I will let all of you know how it goes.
This is Shanna Riker, signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing You A Pleasant & Successful Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Shanna,

    I've been thinking happy thoughts, any happy little thoughts to hope your dreams come true. Do write soon! You've the gift of always making the best of each day, and bringing out the best in those around you, so I don't worry for you...I just want to know what happened. Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete